With the recent changes to UCI’s learning environment, we understand that students need to make adjustments to set themselves up for success. We invite you to explore these resources to maximize your learning potential under these current circumstances.
[expand title=”Getting Help“]
Learning online has particular challenges for students and we know that online courses are different from your traditional lecture in several ways:
[expand title=”Engaging Online“]
[expand title=”Study Tips“]
Learning at UCI can be pretty challenging, especially in online courses. That’s why there are academic resources like the LARC to help you rise to the next level of learning. Learn more about what the LARC offers:
For a complete list of LARC workshops, please visit:
[expand title=”Online Etiquette“]
To ensure that your online learning environment is positive and rewarding, the following are suggested guidelines to consider:
- Use proper spelling and grammar.
- Avoid crude and/or otherwise offensive language.
- Be mindful of your appearance when your camera is turned on; keep a proper distance, dress appropriately and avoid distracting behavior.
- Be respectful of the opinions of others.
- Don’t interrupt. Let others complete their thoughts first.
- Be open with your opinions but introduce them with “I believe”, or “I think”.
- Share links and resources as appropriate.
- Respect the diversity of your fellow students.
- Keep communication centered around coursework as much as possible.
- If you need to move around or leave the room, turn off your camera.
- Help others who may not be as familiar with online learning.
- If you have a question, try the chat option before interrupting the instructor.